Police are finding illegal meth labs around Australia every single day. As the discovery of methamphetamine labs continue to rise the number of future renters or families potentially exposed to serious health problems as a consequence of illegal methamphetamine production is increasing. The risk does not stop with the methamphetamine production, research has shown that contamination levels from smoking of methamphetamine inside a dwelling can be as high as those from a clandestine methamphetamine lab. It’s also important to understand that health risks extends to properties where previous tenants were either using or producing the drug.
Our Meth Lab Testing & Remediation Services Include:
- Preliminary assessments to assess whether or not there was drug using activity within the property.
- Meth Analysis – this is done using swabs and sent to third party NATA accredited laboratory.
- Detailed site investigations to understand the extent of remediation that is required to re-occupy the property.
- Sampling and assessment in accordance with the Clandestine Drug laboratory guidelines.
It’s important to be mindful of the symptoms of a contaminated meth lab site can include:
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- Loss of Coordination
- Eye & Tissue Irritation
- Chemical Burns (to skin, eyes, mouth & nose)
Why Test For Meth
Due to the nature of the remediation that is required, it is important to ensure you obtain an unbiased assessment of the property to ensure you are not committing to restoration works that are not required or are above and beyond what is required to ensure safe re-occupancy of the building.
Why Choose Abereum
We are independent of the remediation process and provide advice that is practical and cost effective. It can be confusing and complex when dealing with improvement notices from councils following the discovery of a clandestine drug laboratory and that it is why it’s important to engage suitably qualified consultants experienced in this space to ensure you are getting the right advice.
Other Indoor Environment Services We Offer Include:
Indoor Air Quality Testing
Water Damage Assessments
Indoor Air Quality Systems